Driving Awareness, Adoptions, and Affordability
2:00-3:00 PM EST
With the emergence of disruptive new business models, higher education publishing is in a state of tremendous flux. The rise of high quality, peer-reviewed open textbooks challenges the current status quo and the traditional model of overpriced, inflexible and too-often revised textbooks. Eric Frank will discuss:
- Why Higher Education Publishing is failing to meet the needs of today's students, faculty, authors and institutions
- Emerging new textbooks based on openly licensed content
- Challenges and opportunities to building a sustainable new model of textbooks based on the economics of free.
TO JOIN THE SESSION:
1. Click on the following link or paste it into your browser window:
2. Locate the webinar -
Can a Great Textbook be Free? Building a Sustainable New Text Model in the Era of the $200 Textbook on January 27, 2010 at 11:00 a.m. (PST) (which is also 2pm EST).
3. Click on "GO" at the right end of the row.
4. Enter the requested information in the dialogue box:
5. Click on "CONNECT". The software should automatically begin to download which may take anywhere from 2 to 10 minutes depending upon your Internet connection speed. If it does not download, check to see that ActiveX is enabled on your computer. You may have an information bar displaying at the top of your screen: "Click to run an ActiveX control on this webpage." If yes, click in the box.
Audio is available in two ways:
For technical support contact email@example.com
Tel: 760-744-1150 ext. 1537 or ext. 1554
Please contact David Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.