Driving Awareness, Adoptions, and Affordability
Time: March 27, 2010 from 10am to 3pm
Location: Hilton Baltimore
Street: 401 West Pratt Street
City/Town: Baltimore, Maryland, United States 21201
Website or Map: http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/…
Phone: 443 421-1442
Event Type: workshop
Organized By: Jacky Hood
Latest Activity: Mar 27, 2010
Become an Advocate/Trainer for Open Textbooks and earn a $1500 stipend for providing information to faculty and staff and giving an open textbook adoption workshop on your campus. Advocate Trainer workshop plus Adoption Workshop Within A Workshop. This session is in the same hotel where the League of Innovation conference is being held March 27-31.
As an Advocate/Trainer, you’ll learn how to:
* Foster interest in open textbooks
* Help faculty discover, select, and adopt open textbooks
* Help students choose a format (online, downloaded, printed, bound)
* Work with all the stakeholders on campus including bookstore, print shop, library, and administration
* Provide feedback to the authors and educational community
* Plan, market, and deliver an adoption workshop
* Research textbook usage and costs on your campus
To Register for this workshop, join http://opentextbookadvocatetrainers.ning.com/ and then join the Baltimore Cohort. Preference is given to those interested in becoming Advocate Trainers. Community College faculty and staff are invited.
There is no cost to attend this workshop and some travel expenses will be reimbursed. Lunch is provided. League of Innovation registration, attendance, or membership are not required.